or
What I learnt this week
1) Working on your own at a job has its distinct benefits. It is useful for not having to natter to anyone, for reading books, for having a peaceful time. However it then becomes a huge hindrance when one's throat is the size of a pea and, as I found early on this morning, I was only able to communicate through a series of squeaks, groans and mumbles. It then becomes problematic re: getting time off.
2) A person would sooner write an angry email (in this case outlining what they find to be the fundamental flaws with your request, how you are "putting pressure" on them to do as you wish despite merely asking politely, being unnecessarily vindictive and bitter and so on and so forth) which would then take up more of their precious time (of course the world must surely end for exams, you simply COULD NOT do anything else except for maybe sending out reactionary emails and going on facebook) then actually just doing what was required in the first place. The pettiness and the arrogance of this is surely beyond my understanding.
3) Once again I have had it reiterated within myself that often the way a day is meant to be is completely different to how it will be. I never thought for one moment that this Thursday would see me accidentally flinging various drinks round the theatre cafe of that I would make my radio debut thirty seconds after the idea was conceived. I was hoping for something a bit more stable for my first appearance but I was without stress or worry so I can take massive solace for that. I also must not it is easier to tell people to go on the radio than doing it yourself, and that is a side of the fence I would rather stay on.
4) Meetings, on the most part, are a complete waste of time and energy. Especially when they involve watching a disgusting and embarrassing video. Of course that was more the fault of my face as opposed to the media.
5) When there is the introduction of the Trinity Term noise ban and the prohibition of BBQ's some crank will decide to have a party, catering supplied outside the venue. People seem to stomp louder this time of year. Of course, mainly I am against the noise ban but if it means that people will make more noise in order to get one over 'the man' then I seriously disapprove.
6) Fiona and I, however hard we try, will always be too stupid, young or disillusioned to be able to undertake any political debate about anything ever.
7) Kentmail is, practically, my whole life. I am a floundering fish without it. Sad but true
I really could go on forever

No comments:
Post a Comment