My perception with recent times is that as I have reached teenage years is what I see as a conditioning of the mind. When I was about seven until around the age of twelve I never worried about pedophiles or rapists or anything like that at all. And perhaps this could be because I was at that innocent age where I didn’t see these things because I was blind to them.
However I see society as producing many recognizable features in the younger generations today that I wouldn’t necessarily recognize in myself at the same age.
Firstly my brother, he will grow up in an age where it is seen as part of society where things like rape and fear of attack are regular things, they have been conditioned in a way to find these things acceptable and that can only have a derogatory effect on society. They say knowledge is power and thats fine, but I think you can be too aware of things so much so you let it dictate your life, you worry about things that perhaps have been blown out of proportion, I am not denying there is a problem but rather that there may be some problem about knowing too much and worrying too much.
I also feel, for a number of reasons that children are not being given the best upbringing they could have had. Perhaps this is old fashioned but with women having more rights, which is brilliant, it has also led to the decline of the stable family home. Children are dumped in front of the TV or a videogame rather with engaging properly with their peers. Of course this is not true of all cases, far from it, but as an effect it will become noticeable. Children need to have an imagination and need to develop their minds, not to be repressed from an early age. Once again this is detrimental to the successfulness of the society as a whole.
25 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment