11 February 2007

Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

My articulation has seemingly gone out the window today, I extend my apologises.


I have always always always hated Sunday. This has improved slightly recently since I have been working on a Sunday again because it kills the time and I make coins for me to go out and buy lipsticks and shampoos with.
However, when I worked at Morellis, Sundays would be one of the worst days. At about 11 O’clock a number of the old crones would come in after their visit to the house of God for their weekly fix of legal drugs. And how slow they were! And what a mess!
I had a break in the middle of the day for ten minutes. Because of this RIDICULOUS time restriction I often had to bring in food from home or buy it on the way. Anyway basically when you have been working all day Saturday in a cream uniform which is now covered in chocolate sauce and you want to go out and snog loads of guys ( remember I was 16) you don’t really want to be standing around making sandwiches. To cut a long story short it is hard to get anything to eat before 10 and after 4 which were roughly my hours (plus a couple of hours at the end when I dodged the bins being thrown by the boss). I hereby blame Morellis and Sunday Opening Hours for my frequentation of Sanchos.
Then, when you don’t work Sunday is still terrible. The trains don’t really run properly, neither do the busses, you can’t go shopping, you try and go for a walk and land is crowded with lots of other people trying to enjoy one of the two days they have off by doing something really really boring.
So anyway, Sundays are mainly created for the following persons:
- Christians, it’s the ‘day of rest’. Bollocks, everyone is trying to find work on a Sunday to try and overcome the monotonous gloom.
- Dog walkers/cyclists/ramblers
- Killjoys

Everyone knows that Sunday is an interlude to the rest of the week, a little taster of the horrible week ahead. We aren’t idiots, give the Sunday back to the working week and let us have more time off Friday night so I can wear my lipsticks.

No comments: